Monday, July 03, 2006

Chuck, Daisy, Betti and me in Prag: my big cousin, the cutest dog on earth and two girls discover the better Vienna

What a great city. So close but so far away in the minds of so many Germans. Having the reputation of being the second Vienna, I have to completely disagree: Yes, there are similarities (nobody and nothing, especially not a European city can deny its past). However, Prague is younger and older than Vienna at the same time. While watching the lovely old-european sceneray one gets the feeling of being put into the good old days of "Kaiser, Kornprinz und Dienstmädchen".. however, the people are everything but ancient. The city sings, embraces you - there is no showing-off, no "etepetete-tamtam ;)". It just is: musicians, sun-bathing in gardens & at rivers, spooky night-walks through an old castle, franz kafka's miny house, blechtassen-shops, lithography, old babuschkas and *sigh* ya the dark side: tourists.
A glance in my insights:

My cousin Chuck:

















Daisy in action:






















Betti & me not just once:
















Musicians in our ears and eyes:

















babuschkas on the streets:





















and... tourists - just everywhere, but mainly on Charle's bridge =)


2 Comments:

Blogger Your Graceness said...

Oh, nice! I totally missed this entry before. :)

Hope we will discover the lovely things about Vienna this weekend as well!

6:20 AM  
Blogger lia said...

hey grace! blogger confused the dates.. I made a draft version, but uploaded it later and blogger posted it with the date of draft version *grml* ;).

I forgot.. you are going to Vienna this weekend right? You have to report ;) Have fun!

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home